Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Two Lights State Park



It was a hot and humid Saturday and we decided to head to the coast. We were watching my "nephew" too so we didn't want to go to far in case we had a baby melt down. So we headed up to Two lights State Park in Cape Elizabeth. I'm sure I had gone there back in the day but I didn't remember it so it was new to me. Plus we had to get a stamp in our state park passport :) The view is amazing here but I mean what part of Maine's coast isn't an amazing view. There are plenty of picnic tables for snacking and grills are available if your into that. There is a nice trail that goes around the coast and there is a pretty sweet playground.


 It was  an over cast day but so much cooler down by the water, so we decided to walk the trail first, I enjoyed how there was natural stairs made with stones, the trails were clear and easily marked. My honest opinion of two lights state park is, its a great place for a family reunion or a date..nothing says romantic like wild flowers and an ocean view. The playground is fun for the kids but not anywhere really near picnic tables so you have to do one or the other. Its very rocky so if you have small children you need to be on high alert cause no one wants to be that parent that has their kid fall down the rocky cliff. Not my top favorite place that we have been to this year but it is a nice place to visit with an amazing view.

No comments:

Post a Comment