Friday, June 22, 2012

A beach is a beach.. unless its the best beach ever

You must first understand that I have never been to the Caribbean or even FL so seriously Popham beach state park is the best beach that i have ever been to.. so simmer down now I'm sure Hawaii is amazing or even the Bahamas, but don't rain on parade here as far as I'm concerned the best beach is Popham Beach :)  Popham beach is huge! the sand is super soft, there are no rocks or seaweed and crap to walk over. you can seriously walk for miles on this beach. when its low tide there are these small pools, perfect for small children to play in. You can walk out to fox island as well during low tide, and they have bathrooms and changing rooms which is always bonus for me. 
The ride up there is cool yeah it does take about 1.5 hours to get there but it is totally worth it. The road the park is on is very narrow with lost of twists and turns and of course super cute beach houses to dream about owning one day.


When we arrived at the beach we went right to stamp out passport cause ya know we have to get our stamp. checked out the bathrooms which were clean, and then hit the beach. we walked down to the waters edge which seriously could of been half a mile. of course my kid runs right into the water, now for some reason I did not pack any sort of beach gear for our trip to the beach. I don't know what I was thinking so my daughter went from soaking her clothes, to wearing one of my shirts, to running around with a saggy diaper like she was from Biddeford. I drank coffee and relaxed, we made a family sand castle, had a picnic lunch and explored the beach..it was pretty awesome I'm not going to lie..before we headed back home we took a small detour up the road to check out Fort Popham. We were unsuccessful in actually getting out and exploring the fort because the parking lot was only made to hold like 15 cars which of course was full. We circled around for about 20mins waiting for people to leave..people were not leaving and we had to give up we had one angry bear in the back seat so homeward bond we were. I loved this beach I recommend everyone to go check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment