Saturday, October 26, 2013

I have a friend In TOMs

Toms shoes we have all seem them I mean how can you not they are everywhere you look.  When I first saw the toms I thought they were the ugliest things I have ever seen. the toes were square and they just looked so unsupportive. One reason was that I thought my feet would be to fat for them and they would look weird and because of that thought they weren't cool.I did really love what they stood for and how you buy a pair and they send a pair to a someone in need that part was really cool. At the preschool I work at 8 out of 12 kids have a pair. They look super cute on kids I'm not gonna lie. However my dislike for them grew even more when having to deal with them falling off kids feet every 2mins, It was so annoying I couldn't even stand it. One day we lost only one of  a child's tom somewhere in the room, it took us most of the day looking for it, it was later found stuffed inside the dramatic play kitchen.

Now I know what your thinking ok Debbie downer the blog is called I have a friend in tom so what changed.. I was given a gift card to a local store that one of the parents owns as a birthday gift. First off I have never had a job where you get gifts at work for your birthday so that was pretty sweet. On a random day after work Me and my co-teacher decided to check out the store, and cash in our very generous gift cards. The store is called Bliss and is located in the heart of Maine's old Port. Super cute shop with very hip clothes and accessories. Well wouldn't ya know they sold Toms there. I decided to try a pair on, and was instantly in love. they are the most comfortable thing I have had on my feet since my LL Bean Slippers. I had the poor employee running back and forth from the back room with different colors and sizes to see just how the different styles and colors looked, I'm pretty sure behind her smile she wanted to cut me. I ended up buying a pair of the classic black canvas and got a corduroy pair for liv, she wears them everyday. I'm working on finding the perfect pair for the husband now. The moral of this blog is never judge a shoe by its box put it on your foot and give it a stroll. Buying toms is not only helping others its actually a really comfortable flat shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment